Zen to Zen


Zen to Zen
Ooh I echo, along the insides of my head
Watch as I drip through the cataclysm’s spread

Who have I come to know as me?
a second-rate nominee, only meant to sightsee?
blind coincidence teeters at my helm
seems to reason why I overwhelm

I’m not evil nor just, not pious or lust
not a lover or a fighter,
lost of all law, I become much lighter

Lit.
like a good bonfire, I burn
like sewers waster, I churn

Are we not fiction of our own design, you and I?
Are our packaged personalities not as transparent as sky?

They say when become you zen becomes zen
And would not the pale and dull become brighter men?
Well in the midst of this knowledge we still feel dull
With no feeling of serenity’s secret passing lull

Devoted a life to freedom and jaunt
Left with empty desire and want

Nature or nurture how are we played?
Inciting us to this countenance charade

ultimately learning we are passive and weak
even at our highest terrestrial peaks

changing our beliefs day by day,
wondering if from ourselves we can stray.


No comments:

Post a Comment