The Game

My life is a softball game, seemingly simple yet utterly complex. On the the surface it's easy, the goals clear. One, two, three, you win. But how it turns out depends on the players. I am the pitcher, the reluctant star of the show. The game is in my hands. My parents are the coaches, supporting and encouraging, wanting me to win. The catcher is my sister, my partner in crime, willing to do anything to help me succeed. Infield and outfield, made up of my friends, helping me out when I fail. It's a well-oiled machine, always moving forward, making progress. Then something happens; A hard grounder, a gapper fly ball. Errors made, by mistake or on purpose Or a new rule comes into play, throwing a wrench in the system. The machine has broken down, the game could be lost. I roll with the punches, keep going, persevere. Because until the final out is called, I'm still in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment