I'm like the Earth's moon; there's only one of me.
I wane with the seasons, every few months I'll be born again, with the same face but remembering everything that happened before.
As people move around me, I stay still, near ageless, floating distantly, watching and waiting, but never making a move.
People have seen me, asked about me, looked at me and talked to me, and they have treaded my surface to see what I am like.
I continue to watch patiently, looking at my friends who are around me, but I stay still, even as they move on, even as they forget me.
Sometimes, you won't even see me, but I am still watching.
Sometimes, I'll block the sun from your eyes, if only for a second, and let people see me as I step out of my place, only for a minute, and then I return to my hiding place.
You may look at me, question me, tell me anything, and I'll never tell another soul.
Who knows, maybe someday I'll just drop out of nowhere, and make my mark in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment