An Unsharpened Pencil

I am an unsharpened pencil, waiting to make my mark. With each New Year comes the turn of the sharpener bringing me closer and closer to my point. Yet as I get closer to my point, the sharpener slows in the face of uncertainty. I want to leave my mark on the world for someone to find, but where? I have nicks and am missing paint in a few places, no longer the brand new pencil I once was. After facing life in the real world, I have found that it has been unyielding. Yet I carry these imperfections proudly knowing that they mark my past and will influence my future. Suddenly the future is no longer so uncertain and the sharpener begins to pick up speed revealing more of my true self until finally, the real me is revealed. I am a sharpened pencil, ready to make my mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment