I Remember......

I Remember…

“Rainbows are just colors showing off. It’s a pathetic cry for help.” I for one prefer darker colors but, whatever. They remind me of him, Kael Williams Jr., My grandpa. He was my friend, my family, and my mentor. I remember the days he would sit me and my little sister Angie around his favorite cotton chair. Of course it was worn out, covered in patches that were probably holding the whole thing together, but it was still his favorite chair. He would rest in it like it was his cocoon and he would always start his stories off by saying, “My adventure began...,” and that would always get a chuckle out of me and my little sis. My grandpa always had a way with people he knew how to make us smile. That night he told us a story about his boxing days. When he was young he was a force to be reckoned, with a record of 23-4-0 and he was on his way to the pros. “Kids you wouldn’t believe the freaks I had to step in the ring with, but I always got them with the 1-2 combo!” He boasted while flailing his arms around like he had won something. “Grandpa, if you were good why you stopped?” Angie teased. My grandpa sat, and he said “My dear that is a whole other story for another time…” He smiled, but I could see a slight look of remorse in his eyes, by then he stopped speaking and sent us off to bed. Grandpa usually tucked us in, but when he didn’t I couldn’t just sleep, so I crawled out of bed and I looked silently through my door. He was viewing over his old red grit covered gloves with a bottle of whiskey resting on his lap.

1 comment:

  1. I m glad i found ur blog.Not everyone can provide information with proper flow. Good post. I am going to save the URL and will definitely visit again. Keep it up. thank you!
    [url=http://www.belstaffshopuk.com] belstaff leather jacket[/url]

    ReplyDelete