Shark attack!

Shark attack!
“I want to be the first person to sneeze from pepper, slip on a banana peel, fall down a spiral staircase and die.” My husband had quoted earlier today. How ironic that everything that he had said had happened to me today.
I’m going to die.
                That was pretty much the first thought that came to mind as I dangled from the helicopter, clutching desperately at the ladder, my hands on the verge of slipping. In that moment, time froze. The shark paused midair, and I dug my feet into the last rung, wishing I could close my eyes. But I couldn’t. I simply hung there, shark frozen in front of me, huge black eyes wild with the excitement of its kill.
The hand that clasped mine was what brought me back, yanking me about six rungs into the air. I caught my breath as my foot met the nose of the shark, sending it flying down into the water below.
“Pull her up!” The captain shouted.
I finally managed to get a good grip on the ladder with my free hand, gripping the hand that held mine as my feet found a rung. Then, about ten seconds later, warm arms where wrapped tightly around me.
“Freya,” My husband breathed, holding me close for a brief moment before pulling away.  “Are you alright?”
“Fine…” I stuttered as he wrapped a blanket around my shoulders.
“You don’t look fine.” He frowned. “That was probably the scariest thing I have ever seen.
“I’m fine.” I insisted.
Carefully, we both looked down at where the shark had disappeared, peering into the murky water below us. Then, as we watched, a dark fin came slowly up out the water, surfacing only for a brief moment before slipping back into the water.