Bathtubphobia

Bathtubphobia
by Ryan Phillips
You taunting, childish..."quailesk" figure.
One you see in a tiled palace
Romand and Champagne
Or
as I call it
Unkown to anyone else
A drainig machine
Sucking the juice right out of me
And swadling my two plus two body
in a
Cradle of plush
With five, six, seven jumping sheep
And
A feminine bull leaping over Luna.
You taste like my tantrusm,
Exhausting and useless.
With a hunt of punishment
My undeveloped twelve year old molars
And taste buds
Cringing with the memory of an anti-myth,
Reality.
Sudsy sadness
You taste
Clean
Once I sink in to toddler torture,
I'm forced to play with you,
Bobbing up and down
Never drowning,
NEVER!
What did ya' cost,
One ninety nine?
Squishy, flexible, squeaky
Indestructible
I hold you in my small, fragile hands
Feeling
Paco's teeth marks,
Still not popped.
It's hopeless.
Fresh like baby powder,
Shampoo and Mommy's favorite bath bubbles.
You smell old, like Grandpa
His flabby, chicken neck sags
Wrinkles like a rake in the sand,
My Thanksgiving mashed potatoes
What's left
He's wise
Forever wise.
Not like you
I learned you from the alphabet book
B is for Boy, like me
C is for Cat,
D is for...you.
I'm wise, too
Like grandpa
I love him
Not you
Mommy and Grandma say you sound
Quack, Quack
Dad and Grandpa say
Bang, Bang dinner
To me,
You sound discrete
Silent like a ninja
LIke me on Christmas morning
Santa came! Santa came!
But your voice can get
Annoying
Like me
You know,
You're not too bad
Enjoyable,
Silimar
Understanding
Compatible.
I've changed my ways
I surrender
Raise the white flag, well
Yellow
And give you a proper handshake
Like Mrs. Jenkins told us
You and I, are one in the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment