That Special Night

“Moms will clean up everything. Scientists have proven that a mom’s spit is the exact chemical composition of Formula 409. Mom’s spit on a Kleenex, you get rust off the bumper with that.” My mom will clean up anything from gooey vomit to moldy bread. No task is too daunting for that woman. It wouldn’t be a normal morning for my family if there wasn’t a mess to clean up. It’s Tuesday which means it’s Sloppy Joes for breakfast day. Exacerbated by the pure thought of that delicious meat along with a perfect mix of seasoning, I slowly drooled down my chin. The slimy drool raced through my beard and onto to the floor. By a bad coincidence, the drool collected exactly where my mother’s next step was and she just happened to be carrying the hot and steaming pot fool of the Sloppy Joe concoction. “Mom, watch out!” I yelled aggressively. My warning came far too late. The dogs were in heaven. “What did I slip on?” my mom demanded. I quickly made-up a lie, “You slipped on the rug, Mom.” “Can you please control your draining mouth next time? Or there will never be a Sloppy Joe Tuesday ever again!” she yelled with a fierce voice and tone. The day was ruined. I had ruined Sloppy Joe Tuesday and my whole family cussed me under their breath. I will never open my mouth again when in sight of any delicious food. Lesson learned for me and the dogs. Drool can destroy your day, or in the dogs’ case, make your day, heck, your week.