Hallowed Gallows

Pray now for a fair summer.
Hear it, hear it!

As the moon lights the sky,

And the cold chills the blood.

The dance in the woods they did.
Hear it, hear it.

I heard she wailed throughout the night,

Betty, oh Betty, has now been afflicted,

Believed it wrong when it reached my ears.

Where have we fallen from such a height?
Hear it, hear it!

I hear she flies,

Yet we cannnot and,

Yield we can't for there is no foreseeable end.

Why it is a lie, it is a lie;
Hear it, hear it!

I never knew until tonight that the world is gone daft with this nonsense.

Five more are accursed today with only the girls to prove their guilt.

Fearful I have never been 'til I crossed those twisted tongue sisters.

There be a hundred or more, they say,
Have confessed to save their lives;

So dear that they see no sight of their life here much longer,

For who will love those who have been damned.

You have not seen them?

The ones who step upon those hallowed gallows,

The men and women who made this town,

Torn from the very fabric from which they had sewn.

Elizabeth, Rebecca, Sarah, and Putnam;

Proctor, Giles, and eventually you shall be the scorn forever more against this town.

This is the fate we face when we wear and walk the talk of God.

Now as I walk upon those hallowed gallows,

It is my time to walk the talk.

Farewell, Izabelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment